Camberley open for shopping from Monday 15 June 2020
Camberley town centre is ready to welcome you back. As lockdown restrictions are eased many shops will be open again from Monday 15 June 2020.
Surrey Heath Borough Council’s Leader, Councillor Alan McClafferty said: “The council has been working closely with Collectively Camberley, the management teams at The Square shopping centre, The Atrium and individual businesses to ensure the town is safe and accessible. There is signage across the town to direct you and please observe the social distancing markers on the floors.
Please be aware that the High Street and Princess Way are in the middle of extensive regeneration construction – but the active works are fenced off and are safe to walk around.
Parking in Main Square car park remains free for an initial period.”
Camberley Be Safe
To ensure you stay safe in Camberley please observe and follow the social distancing guidelines that are in place in Main Square car park, The Square shopping centre, High Street, Park Street and The Atrium.
When shopping please;
- Keep to the left as you walk around town
- Observe social distancing from other shoppers where possible
- Wear a face covering if you can in the shops, car park stairwells and lifts
- Observe and follow the social distancing floor stickers and markers throughout the centres and shops
- Use hand sanitiser when available
- Spend only the required shopping time in town
- Keep your shopping group small. Can your children stay at home with your partner? Can you pop into town on your own?
- Support Camberley’s restaurants and give yourself a break from cooking by picking up a takeaway or having food delivered.
High Street, Princess Way and Knoll Walk improvement works
The High Street, Princess Way and Knoll Walk are currently in the middle of extensive improvements to the roads, pavements, lighting and planters. There is fencing surrounding the active works and please observe the social distancing control measures that are in place in these areas.
The works are taking place in five phases and the first three phases are now in construction. These are the middle section of the High Street and Princess Way. The tarmac is now down on the High Street section and works are now starting on the pavements. You may be directed to walk on the new road surfaces when you visit town. Please follow the signage.
Parking in Main Square car park is currently free. There are signs to direct you safely from your car to the shopping centre. You may wish to consider wearing a face covering/mask in the carpark and shops as per government guidance.
You may also wish to consider cycling into town. Bike parking stations are in Main Square car park, Park Street and The Atrium’s car park.